- Measure Gait Speed using 10-foot pre-measured distance (length of mat)
- Measure Timed Up and Go (TUG) using pre-measured line at 3 meters (9.8 feet)
- Assess Romberg and Sharpened Romberg
- Perform Tandem Walk Test using the 2-inch midline marking
- Add sticks/canes to perform 4 Square Step Test
- Perform numerous dynamic balance drills using Clock Face graphics
- Perform numerous static and dynamic stepping drills using ladder pattern
- Assess getting up from lying on floor
- Use mat as a soft surface for exercises on the floor
- Use the carrying strap as a stretching strap
- Written information on how to perform each test
- Normative values for Gait Speed, TUG and Sharpened Romberg
- Sturdy cotton carrying strap
- Lightweight (less than 10 lbs), portable and easy to clean
- Dimensions-1/4" thick, 3'W x10'L
- Free of latex and phthalates
- 100% cotton carrying strap
- The written descriptions and video examples are in no way intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain, severe discomfort, nausea, dizziness, or shortness of breath and consult a medical expert. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone.
- If you are an individual using the TherapistsMAP, or if you are a health care professional instructing clients, realize there is inherent risk of falls and/or injury when working balance activities. Provide appropriate safety instruction and use a gait belt as indicated.
- Please consult your physician before beginning any exercise program. This is especially important for persons with pre-existing health problems. Blake Design LLC and TherapistsMAP assume no responsibility for personal injury or property damage sustained by or through the use of this product.